Worthdale Community Park & Make Your Mark - Raleigh, NC
When local art meets our local parks, this is always something we are excited to share with everyone. Especially when you have the opportunity to contribute to the art!
We recently heard from Raleigh Arts about this neat project called “Make Your Mark” at Worthdale Community Center with art from Anna Totten Art, and we had a blast checking it out today. On a sidewalk next to the center is a painted mural and a small cupboard with free chalk so you can contribute to the art. There are areas of the mural you can fill in, or you can create something completely new!
More installations of Make Your Mark will be popping up at other Raleigh parks and neighborhoods in the coming weeks.
A few logistics and other park details:
• There is a small playground and a nice picnic shelter toward the back of the community center. We had the playground to ourselves. There is also a basketball court, tennis courts, and a bridge to Worthdale Park, which has a paved walking loop and also connects to Walnut Creek Trail.
• Not a huge parking lot, but with barely anyone there, we found that there was plenty of parking.
• It appears the community center is closed, but there are 2 port-o-potties by the tennis courts. Believe it or not, they were actually very clean and nice when we were there.
• Historic Oak View Park is also just up the road, so if you’re feeling adventurous, you can make it a double park day and say hi to the goats.
• The neighborhood around the park has some streets named after Robin Hood characters.
Do you like public art at our parks? Let us know some of your favorites in the comments!
(Note: We're currently working on updating our website with our reviews. This review was originally posted on Instagram and Facebook on February 25, 2021.)